The global light beer market is estimated to grow from US$ 336.67 billion in 2021 to US$ 430.95 billion by 2028, a CAGR of 3.59 % over the assessment period.
Light beer is an alcoholic beverage that is popular for their teats around the world. It contains alcohol but in very small quantities, it contains between 2-5% alcohols. It is a largely consumed and most famous alcoholic beverage in 2020 it is the most sold beer around the world. The total volume of sold beer in 2020 was 170.4bn Liters. There are so many other types of beers, the preference of people is for light beer due to its small alcohol content, it is easy to tolerate and gives a nice fresh feel. Light beers can have the creaminess, flavor, and body as a normal beer. But the word 'light' in these brands refers to how few calories are included in a bottle of beer. This beer is available in the bottle and can. If the normal beer contains 150 calories then the light version of the same beer contains 110 calories in a bottle. The main difference between normal beer and light beer is the amount of alcohol contained. The calories are low means the alcohol contained in the beer is also less. The market share for different types of beer in the US is respectively 2 billion, 1 billion, and 900 million dollars in sales for Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Light.
Market Dynamics and Factors
The global market for light beer increasing significantly due to changing consumer preference towards beverages people are more likely to consume the lower alcohol content beer, it is safe and the young age group is preferring this kind of alcoholic beverage. This generation is more focused on health and what kind of diet, and drink they are consuming. This beer limit alcohol and calorie intake in the body, and also help to control the negative side-effects of drinking beer, consumption of alcohol can show the adverse effect on the body like weight gaining, and reduced thinking ability. The younger segment is high in every region so the consumer is high for the light beer and it will give the high scope to increase the capacity of light beer in the alcohol market, there is rising growth for the light beer market in the upcoming years.
Light Beer Market Report Highlight
- Based on production, the Craft brewery segment is anticipated to dominate the light beer market during the forecast period. The craft lager category is seeing growth in the market. Due to their light and malty flavor Craft lagers are becoming popular among consumers.
- Based on the Distribution Channel Supermarket and hypermarket segment is anticipated to dominate the light beer market share during the forecast period. It is an easy and convenient way to choose the different kinds of beers in a one-stop-shop.
- Based on the Package, Glass Bottle is dominating the distribution channel segment in the light beer market during the projected period. The glass bottle is the most widely used packaging material in the world it is chipper and environment friendly.
- North America is dominating the light beer market. The fast proliferation of breweries in the United States has helped the spread of the beer market over the region.
Major Key Players for Light Beer Market
- Ab In Bev
- Suntory Beer
- Asahi Breweries
- Crown Imports Erdinger
Key Industry Development
- In June 2022, Miller Lite a company which is leading the beer market had Is Launched new 'Beer Drops' to enhance the light beers teast and make them better. This can be used to mix in any light beer.
- In January 2022, Anheuser-Busch launched world's first zero carbohydrates beer namely Bud Light NEXT. A new product contains zero carbohydrates and just 80 calories per can.
Light Beer Market Segmentation
- Craft Brewery
- Glass Bottle
- Metal Can
By Distribution channel
- Hypermarkets & Supermarket
- Specialty Stores
- Convenience Store
For this report, Introspective Market Research has segmented the Light Beer Market based on the region:
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; Volume in Units, 2022-2028)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM