Probiotics Market was estimated at $63.70 Billion unit in 2021, are estimated to gain a revised size of USD 105.68 Billion by 2028 growing at a CAGR of 7.5% globally.
Probiotics are bacteria and yeast that are naturally present in the body and also in the case of deficiency, probiotics are consumed in the required quantity it helps humans and animals to maintain a healthy microbial balance in their intestines. Probiotics are bacteria that ensure appropriate digestion by promoting the body's digestive juices and enzymes they can be used orally or as a supplement. Probiotics protect good bacteria from potentially bad bacteria. Probiotics play an important role in preventive healthcare by enhancing the immune system. Probiotics are currently being utilized to identify and treat digestive disorders, mental problems, and neurological disorders. They also protect proteins and lipids from oxidative damage and remove infections in the body. Increasing demand for probiotics to control different diseases helps to boost the market for probiotics.
Major Key Players for Probiotics Market:
- Aria Foods Inc.
- Lallemand Inc.
- Nestle S.A.
- BioGaia AB
- General Mills Inc.
- Mother Dairy Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd.
- Lifeway Foods Inc.
- Chr Hasen Holding A/S
- Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd
- Cell Biotech Co. Ltd.
- Probiotical S.P.A.
- Kerry Group Plc.
- Evolve BioSystem.
- KeVita Inc.
- Probi AB
Market Dynamics and Factors:
The Probiotics Market is largely expanding due to its ability to provide many health benefits. People are more aware about the importance of living a healthy lifestyle. Natural food products are becoming more popular and growing awareness about consuming healthy and nutritional value giving food that helps in the growth of the probiotics market. Personal well-being is a major factor that is influencing the consumption of probiotics because it is made from natural ingredients. After this COVID-19 pandemic, people are more likely to consume the immunity booster products and probiotics help to boost the immunity naturally, also there are many benefits of probiotics like improving immunity, controlling body weight, preventing obesity, and maintaining gut health which will drive the probiotic market in the upcoming time.
Probiotics Market Report Highlight:
- By Form, the liquid probiotics segment is expected to have the maximum market share in the Probiotics Market during the forecast period. Liquid probiotic products are used in yogurt, yogurt-based drinks, and probiotic juices. These products are considered healthy options for daily supplementation that help to increase the growth of the probiotics market.
- By Ingredients, the Bacteria segment is anticipated high growth in the Probiotics Market during the forecast period. Most probiotics are bacteria; Lactobacillus acidophilus is the commonly used probiotic bacteria that lead to the growth of the bacterial segment in the probiotic market.
- By Distribution Channel, the hypermarkets/supermarkets segment is expected to dominate the Probiotics Market share during the forecast period. Hypermarkets/supermarkets are a one-stop shop and various varieties and different brands provide their products at different prices and size all of this is available under one roof, this also propels the growth of the Probiotics Market.
- By Application, Food and Beverages segment is anticipated high growth in the Probiotics Market during the forecast period. In this segment, probiotics are used in dairy products, non-dairy beverages, infant formula, cereals, and others helping to generate larger revenue in the probiotic market.
- By Function, the Preventive Healthcare segment is anticipated high growth in the Probiotics Market during the forecast period. Probiotics play a better role in preventive healthcare as they cure any disease by enhancing the immune system, which increases the growth of the probiotics market.
- By End-user, the Human segment is expected to dominate the Probiotics Market over the forecast period. Humans are the primary user of probiotic products hence they help to boost the probiotic market.
- By Region, North America is anticipated to grab the maximum market share of the Probiotics Market over the projected period. In this region, there are a well-established food service industry, major key players, and rising awareness regarding health are encouraging the people to follow healthy eating habits, which helps to enhance the probiotic market in this region.
Key Industry Development:
In April 2020, Hansen announced the launch of online platform for probiotics in the US market. This online probiotic platform is there to educate people about probiotics, to educate people about healthcare consumer and health care professionals about the benefits of probiotics.
In August 2021, Nestle china launched their new probiotic product in the form of protein powder. Nestle claims that Yiyang is the protein powder that helps to boost the body immunity.
Probiotics Market Segmentation:
- Food and Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed.
- Preventive Healthcare
By End User
By Distribution Channel
- Specialty Store